A quick summary of updates from some of the work I’ve been doing for some other awesome web properties and some recent media mentions:
1) Fun interview with Eric Siu, in which I talk about:
- Utilizing our philosophies, data and processes from our successful digital marketing efforts in order to revolutionize product development
- Our insane YoY growth (near 100%) which is virtually unheard of for a company that’s been growing 28% CAGR for the last 15 years
- Our hiring and mentoring philosophy for team members, including sharpening the recruitment and interviewing processes
- The hockey stick that is Facebook advertising
- Kicking ass at email marketing
- Personal favorite book for 2016 (“Dotcom Secrets”)
- See the link below for more!
2) For the same blog, I am super proud of my fellow marketing team member Stevie for her guest blog post here on Driving ROI via Gmail Ads. This is probably one of the best demonstration of our growth marketing / hacking process as well as likely the best article on Gmail Ads out there right now.
3) Recently published: I always hear a lot of marketers talking about how they use cohort analysis to drive gains, but I never get any sort of detail in doing so. I wanted to upend this with a detailed article on how we raised average order values by 15% by crafting a single, data-driven cart widget.
4) Oracle hosts an annual marketing award ceremony called The Markies – we won one award and qualified as finalists for two others! We work closely with them to drive email revenue and campaigns via Oracle Responsys.
Finalist: Best Use of Data & Analytics, Best Mobile Experience
5) We were featured in the Wall Street Journal! This covers our seed funding round and our innovative product development strategy.
6) I was recently a panelist speaker for Oracle’s Marketing Mashup in downtown LA where we talked about modern marketing strategies.
7) I wrote a piece on The Ultimate Google Shopping Restructure here at the SingleGrain blog.